With over 35 years of experience, Pyrotek Special Effects Inc. is an award winning special effects company with offices located in Toronto, New York, Nashville, Lititz PA and Las Vegas. We offer innovative design and execution of visionary special effects for live productions including stadium and arena tours, award shows, festivals, live television and much more. We fully service North American and World Tours from the design of the show to providing dedicated licensed technicians, insuring that the effects are safely and professionally executed. Pyrotek has reached a defining moment as a successful, sustainable business and is committed to aggressively expanding and developing its operations in new and exciting ways.
We are seeking an individual to join our Events Crew as a Special Effects Technician/Operator in the New York Metro Area. This role requires an energetic individual with experience in Pyrotechnics, Lasers, Atmospherics and a background in electronics/plumbing is a plus.
- Control all Special Effects that are on the show within the guidelines of best practices during performance
- Ensure the proper and safe set up of all the Pyrotechnics for the shows
- Supervise day-to-day floor operations and ensure production standards are followed to maintain quality & safety
- Gather & communicate necessary materials to technicians for setup and execution of events
- Work closely with Production & Project Managers to ensure events are executed in accordance with Pyrotek’s goals of delivering best of class client service
- Work with Logistics to co-ordinate and order consumables for all tours
- Work alongside other Pyrotek Technicians as well as local crews, loading and unloading and assembling and disassembling of all show equipment
- Follow production cues to meet production standards
- Continually seek to improve efficiency of operations
- Ensure systems are in place such that rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by Pyrotek are consistently followed
- Ensure systems are in place such that all safety and security procedures are consistently followed
- Responsible for hazardous material handling and shipping
- Ensure that regular maintenance is coordinated in an effort to preserve the high integrity and professionalism of the company and its equipment, including tracking equipment issues and coordinating repairs with management
- Assist in directing local crews at live events
- Assist with other duties as requested.
- Solid understanding of live event technology & the logistics/technical details involved in setup, execution & teardown of live events
- Good understanding of music, either practical or theory
- Pyrotechnics License (NYC Preferred)
- Excellent understanding of Pyrotechnics, Flames, Cryogenics and Atmospherics safety and effects
- Fluent in programming of Pyro Control Systems (Pyro Digital and /or Fire One, Galaxis)
- Fluent in programming of DMX control systems ( Grand MA , Jands Vista)
- Excellent understanding of show control. (MIDI and SYMPTE protocols)
- Good understanding of electronics/electricity/technical knowledge/troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational abilities and advanced communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, be self-motivated and provide a positive work environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to climb and work (focus and adjust) at heights in excess of 50 feet
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, training, and on-call maintenance
- General plumbing or piping skills a plus
Pyrotek is an equal-opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, kindly notify us of your requirements in advance.
If you are an enthusiastic candidate with required qualifications who thrives in a fast-paced and team environment, we want to hear from you. We offer an opportunity to work with great people and projects. Interested candidates should send their resume to [email protected] or through the Contact Us form by clicking here.
Thank you for your interest. Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.