Reports To: Project Manager/Operations Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
To provide support in the safe and efficient operation of the warehouse in the following activities:
- Assists with day to day rental operations at the Nashville Office;
- Facilitate all pick up and returns as needed.
- Processing all inbound and outbound orders
- Update FLEX inventory module in a timely manner
- Ensure the warehouse is organized, kept neat, tidy and free from obstructions
- Basic maintenance and repair of warehouse equipment; the company’s product lines including, but not limited to, flame, atmospheric, laser, pyro, aqua and confetti equipment along with cable and hose required to operate the equipment
- Attend other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- A dangerous goods specialist is responsible for labeling and packaging hazardous materials according to transportation, distribution, and package handling regulations and policies in compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) and International Air Transportation Association (IATA)
- Follows outlined procedure for packaging and labeling items, conduct audits on dangerous goods before packaging, and deliver safety training to other team members as needed
- Timely processing of transactions affecting inventory in inventory systems including processing of inbound and outbound orders and daily item cycle count reconciliation
- Pick, pack, audit stage and load outbound orders
- Unload, stage and detailed check in of returning orders
- Put away of inspected and tested equipment
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping the warehouse neat, tidy and free from obstructions, complying with all company, local, state and federal Health and Safety regulations
- Positive, can do attitude
- Detail oriented
- Logical thinker with demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Able to work collaboratively as part of small team
- Able to function effectively when time-constrained
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Valid driver’s license
- Not less than basic computer systems experience (inventory, shipping, receiving) or MS Office products
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience with warehouse inventory management software such as FLEX, Rental works, R2, WM, etc.
- Prior experience within the professional theme park/theater industry in a technical capacity (electrical, mechanical, special effects, pyrotechnics, lasers) preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mechanical aptitude including:
- Good understanding of electronics/technical knowledge/troubleshooting skills
- Reading and interpreting schematics and diagrams to help in troubleshooting and repair of electronic devices to component level
- Understanding of basic electricity capability of using electrical testing equipment to diagnose problems
- Understanding of show control –DMX
- Other demonstrated skills including sound woodworking, welding, metal fabrication and soldering are beneficial
- TDG Certification
- Valid OSHA certification
- Valid Forklift certification
- Valid passport, able to travel
IMPORTANT NOTE: Pyrotek will provide training to candidates who possess the ‘Must Have’ Qualifications despite not having all the ‘Nice to Have’ Qualifications.
Pyrotek is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require Accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, kindly notify us of your requirements in advance.
Please send your resume and a covering letter highlighting your skills and interest with the Job Reference “Shipping Coordinator – Nashville to [email protected] OR – Submit your information through the contact us page of this website.