We have been at the forefront of creativity, innovation, and excellence since the very beginning – challenging the status
quo and pushing the limits of our industry every step of the way. Pyrotek Special Effects is a global full- service provider of
live special effects including pyrotechnics, flames, lasers, atmospherics, confetti, and water effects. We have extensive
experience with live entertainment applications of effects and have worked with the industry’s top acts including
Metallica, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, P!nk, Kendrick Lamar, Eminem and Green Day.
We are seeking an individual to join our team as a Laser Designer/Project Manager. This role requires an energetic individual with experience in lasers and a strong background in entertainment and electronics.
- To develop solutions, create plans and oversee the implementation by the project team of special effects (including lasers) into tours and one-off events from beginning through to the end, and lead the team to provide clients with an exceptional experience
- Advise and coordinate with clients and internal personnel in relation to laser show design and other creative matters in relation to the Company’s projects
- Manage and nurture client relationships in a manner which supports the Company’s business objectives.
- To effectively manage a best in class project management process to increase efficiency and deliver the highest level of client satisfaction
- To plan, organize, monitor and control all aspects of a project to ensure that all projects are being completed within agreed time, cost and performance criteria.
- Develop, or ensure the development by the project team of, effective project plans
- Works collaboratively with customer and internal team to define all aspects of the project plan to deliver special effects:
- Overall project goals;
- Detailed step-by-step project plan (i.e. logistic management, production, workflow, equipment, etc.)
- Define key dates, milestones and estimated project completion date
- Assign project team
- Ensures that the project team defines project budgets and resources required to complete the project
- Ensures that the project team documents and distributes the project plan, updates and revises it when needed, and keeps all involved parties informed
- Oversees the effective management of projects and sets measurable project goals (KPIs)
- Collects and analyzes project information (incl. progress to date, results achieved) to determine where the project stands and to predict the future status and progress
- Leads project teams to the completion of projects on time, within budget, business and technical requirements while meeting and exceeding customer expectation
- Defines KPIs and establishes a process to measure project performance against its targets
- Ensure that there is regular communication with all project team members to share project status (i.e. status meetings, conference calls, etc.)
- Works together with the project team to proactively identify potential health and safety risk factors and evaluate multiple options to minimize them
- Seeks out ideas and solutions to eliminate any non-value added activities/steps, develops ways to improve the organization’s processes to better serve clients
- Incorporates proven best practices and new concepts/technologies to Pyrotek customer’s special effects requirements
- Meets with designers, engineers, and marketing professionals to learn about product features and audiences, test new special effects to ensure optimal performance prior to full implementation
- Ensures continued focus on delivering quality and customized solutions to achieve exceptional client satisfaction
- Works collaboratively across the organization to achieve team and company goals
- Successful candidate will have at least 10 years professional laser display and /or installation experience, including system/show design. Complementary experience in staging, lighting, sound, event production and show control technology will be an asset.
- Good understanding of music, either practical or theory
- Strong organizational abilities and advanced communication skills in support of your technical skills
- Capability with Pangolin Laser Show Control software
- Good understanding of show control –Pangolin, Beyond, MIDI , SYMPTE, DMX
- Proficiency in the use of computers including programs that are time line based
- Solid understanding of live event technology & the logistics/technical details involved in setup, execution & teardown of live events
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work well under pressure, be self-motivated and provide a positive work environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and assign tasks to team members
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Valid passport, able to travel
Pyrotek is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require Accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, kindly notify us of your requirements in advance.
Please send your resume and a covering letter highlighting your skills and interest with the Job Reference “Laser Designer/Project Manager – Las Vegas” to:
Or you can also submit your resume through the Contact Us form.